Friday, May 21, 2010

HP: The New Fashion Accessory?



By Kiley Kellermeyer, Account Executive

Several of my friends have been excitedly gossiping about Sex and the City 2, set to hit theatres May 27.  Not having watched much of the series or first movie, I have no connection to Carrie and her crew.

However, I have to admit I was intrigued to learn that Hewlett-Packard had finagled their way into City, kicking out Carrie’s very prominent Mac Book. Carrie’s Mac was featured in nearly every episode of the television series, or so I hear. And just think, when Miss Bradshaw flips open her laptop, moviegoers won’t see that shiny white apple on the cover.



Carrie will document her memoirs on an HP, and there are alleged stills that show Kim Cattrall using a desktop version of the HP TouchSmart.

HP apparently partnered with the movie franchise to increase its brand recognition with stylish women.

Well, I suppose it’s worth a shot, as I’m sure PC sales are slumping. They’ve got to do something, right? But sticking HP products in this particular movie is, to me, a bit like serving pizza rolls and Bud Light at a black-tie ball.

In three words: Doesn’t. Quite. Fit.

Everything in Sex and the City smacks of fur coats, cosmopolitans and Manolo Blahniks. Those ladies eat, sleep (and sleep with) and breathe high-class, high-end, and expensive. Would any of them choose an HP over a Mac when Apple has so cleverly cornered the digital market on style?

No comments:

Post a Comment